Got questions? Need direction? You've come to the right place.
Who are these trips for?
The majority of our participants are young working professionals, and everyone has a job or a project they're working on while traveling with us. This is not a gap year party trip. Work is important to us, and we keep that a main focus of each retreat. We've had startup founders, designers, entrepreneurs, and freelancers join us, and everyone brings something unique to the experience.
The usual age range for a group is 24-45 and our members come from all over the globe and countless industries. We all bring something unique to the trip, but our retreats are for:
- Location-independent professionals looking for a change of pace and scenery
- Startup founders, entrepreneurs, and business owners
- Freelancers and consultants
- The open-minded, curious, and enthusiastic traveler
- Anyone going through a personal or professional period of transition
Is this a job?
No. Everyone who comes on our retreats has a job or a project they're working on. These trips are work-focused, so most of us will spend some time working on projects, remote jobs, or collaborating with others on new ideas. You'll have 24/7 access to the co-working space and fast internet to get work done when you need to, but we have no scheduled "work days". One of the greatest parts about this experience will be the inspiration and encouragement you will get from our awesome PACK of travelers and professionals.
What if I've never traveled internationally before?
Congratulations on going out of your comfort zone! Our trips are a great option if you'd rather not take the leap of traveling internationally alone. As long as you've got a passport, we can help you with every step along the way. You'll have the freedom to explore on your own when you need to, and be surrounded by fantastic people to share the adventure with. You'll never have to worry about where to stay, how to get around, or what to do. We are all about making this the best month ever and happy to help with anything you need.
What's included and what's not?
Each trip varies slightly, but every PACK. experience guarantees:
- Private accommodation in a villa or apartment (we never make you share a room)
- Airport transfers (arrival and departure in most cities)
- Full-time membership at the local co-working space
- Fast Wi-Fi in your accommodations and at the co-working space
- Welcome dinner with orientation exercises
- Local SIM card
- Workshops, pool parties, networking events, and master classes
- Volunteer opportunities serving the local communities
- PACK. team leaders to help book flights, figure out visas, and plan any activities you dream up while you're with us
Things not included:
- Flights (but we are happy to help you get the best flight deals - just ask!)
- Meals (some locations include daily breakfast, but we also plan weekly family meals/potlucks where the total cost is split among the group)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Local transportation
- Additional activities (tours, classes, surfing lessons, etc.) - We will always be available to arrange these for you and get group discounts wherever possible, though!
Am I required to participate in everything?
No one is required to do anything, but we hope you'll participate as much as you can! A PACK. experience is full of opportunity. It's up to you to decide what kind. If you want to learn a new language, hike a volcano, or volunteer every day, awesome! If you want to relax by the pool with your new friends for a month, go for it! We are here to help you make it happen. Each of us will contribute in some way, whether it be a new outlook, a work-related skill, or even just a listening ear.
Is there an application process?
Once we receive your application, we'll reach out to schedule an interview - very casual, no pressure! It will help us learn more about you and help answer any questions you may have about us. A day or two later we'll confirm your spot and you're in! Once we receive the trip fee, your spot is confirmed.
Ready to join the adventure? CLICK HERE!
Do I need travel insurance?
We don't require travel insurance, but we highly recommend it. We know a few good companies if you need a recommendation (it usually runs us about $50 for a month). There's always an element of the unexpected when you travel, and it's best to be prepared (especially when it's so inexpensive).